We treat iOS equally important as Android platform. Smaller number of unique models make it easier to ship quality code and therefore the app is very stable. Each release is verified manually by Apple iTunes before release, that's why we have approx. monthly release cycle for iOS mobile app.
Changes to iOS app are available after at least 2 days (up to 2-3 weeks) after we release them as they are inspected manually by Apple iTunes Team. To use the latest app as soon as possible please upgrade your Swimmo iOS app via iTunes or wait for automatic update to take place.
iOS v1.6.4 release upcoming
- Chinese translation improvements
- Dependencies update
iOS v1.6.3 released 2017-02-24, published 2017-02-26
- Fixed issue with duplicate "distance" workout introduced as human error in v1.6.2
- Improvements in sharing message for English translations.
- Improvements in Chinese translation of Troubleshooting screen.
- Translations update for DA, JA, PL, PT, TH & CN.
iOS v1.6.2 released 2017-02-20, published 2017-02-22
- Bluetooth communication improvements - properly handle case when workouts filled watch memory in full and laps may be striped out.
- Added logging of RAW Bluetooth data during workout sync to control this process completely and for easier debuging.
- Fixed case of mismatched goal types for several accounts.
- Fixed pace calculation in leaderboard profile cards.
- Logout correctly, unpin all cached objects then.
- Updated dependencies and libraries.
- Stability improvements
iOS v1.6.1 released 2017-01-29, published 2017-01-30
- Fixed offline mode (regression bug introduced in v1.6 due to backend migration)
- Updated MapMyFitness/Under Armour API urls
- Updated libraries/dependencies
- Fixed deprecated notices
iOS v1.6.0 released 2017-01-08, published 2017-01-11
- This is major release which migrates our old backend to new online location. Currently used solution is being retired with end of January. As told by parse.com, "On January 28, 2017, any calls to the hosted Parse backend service will cease to function", so please make sure to use latest app before that.
- PaceKeeper goal: allow 1 min increments when writing using keyboard
- Goals: Fixed duplicate detection of goal definition
- Watch settings - layout improvement for iPod Touch 5
- Watch settings - layout improvement for Spanish (MX)
- Improvements in detection of proper Internet connection
- Image optimization, should reduce memory usage and app file size
- Stability improvements and crash fixes - reaching 99.9% crash-free sessions
- Better logs
- Translations update
- Dependencies update
iOS v1.5.5 released 2016-11-12, published 2016-12-02
- New: BLE Syncing - added more consistency checks to safeguard the data transfer
- New: BLE Firmware Update - improved error handling during the process
- New: Added "2/3" fraction for 16.(6) m pools - popular in Germany.
- Fix: Fixed sharing on Facebook.
- Fix: Stability fixes and improvements.
iOS v1.5.1 released 2016-11-07
- Stability improvements and crash fixes
- Translations update
iOS v1.4.7 released 2016-10-15
- BLE Syncing - Prevention of lap loss. Make sure that workouts are synced first, only then clear the workouts in the watch.
- BLE Syncing - More BLE code connectivity improvements
- Code optimizations, various crash and stability fixes
- BLE Firmware update - version comparsion is now fixed so updates should show up only when version is different
- BLE Syncing with the watch - fixed all issues of syncing long workouts in new (post v1.1+) way of data transfer, old watch software (pre v1.1) is still affected, update your firmware please
- BLE Syncing with the watch - should no longer freeze on "syncing" screen in some cases
- BLE Syncing with the watch - long workouts should now sync faster
- BLE Syncing with the watch - fixed time syncing during 00:00-01:00 am hour
- BLE Syncing with the watch - secured error messages so they close after timeout
- Achievements - result handling is now more realiable, no more "fresh" red badges should appear when nothing changes
- Achievements - no more duplicate posts of new achievements should be shared to social media (Twitter, Facebook)
- History lists - short caching methods were introduced so user experience will improve
- Leaderboard - fixed some cases of 0:00 pace value
- Stability improvements, all known crashes from logs are now fixed!
iOS v1.3.0 r150
- Fixed pulse avg count in stats over time and leaderboard for case when one of the workout has undetected pulse
- Changed basic "workout" wording to "tracking" for clarity (e.g. "Distance workout" -> "Distance tracking")
- Fixed facebook login route after using logout feature
- Various stability and crash fixes
- Fixed syncing of big workouts on iOS platform - no more lost laps! (The fix is partially live because the communication between app and watch was changed, so previous versions of watch software will still be affected, so you need to update your watch to v1.1 or later to solve this issue all together. This version of v1.1+ will be released after Android app will catch up to match same reading method - most likely will happen beginning of next week)
- Fixed issue with workouts not read from device before updating firmware (no more lost workouts)
- Training summary charts - distance and calories charts have now reversed axis (data & labels) to be more friendly and match expectations
- New Workouts/Edit Workouts screens translation fixes (misplaced translations e.g. for Dutch language)
- Fixed issue with crash after searching FB friends when user was not logged in via FB
- Fixed pace charts in leaderboard screens - typo caused bad formatting of the chart
- Changed option "Add your new goal" to be white in all cases
- Calories/distance charts fixes for 25/50/75/100% goal axis
- Better app crash reporting and stability fixes
iOS previous releases
Changelog for previous releases were added on Apple iTunes store.