The watch firmware is the operating system of Swimmo Training Watches. This part of our apps collects all the data and presents it on the watch. It needs to be very stable as it affects all watches and whole training experience.
For best experience we release updates of high quality changes on slower schedule in comparsion with mobile apps, because firmware update process is not easy one to be reversed, if something goes wrong. Releases are first available as Beta for part of our users and then for general public. (To request access to Beta releases, email us at email@example.com with your account email address.)
To use latest watch firmware, you need to update your watch using mobile apps. You can start updating when new release notification shows up or go to Settings → Troubleshooting and click "UPDATE NOW" manually.
Have a look at most recent changes below.
Watch firmware - next upcoming release
- Interval set features introduced, set stats are available on the watch, these details will be transfered to the app in next releases
- Rest stats and rest timer features introduced, rest stats are available on the watch, these details will be transfered to the app in next releases
- Algorithms extended to collect more swimming metrics (rest time, SWOLF, stroke count...), will be transfered to the app in next releases
- Algorithms improvements in lap counting of reported edge cases and introduction of new algorithms signals to help in cases of miscount
- Algorithms improvements in HR readings of some reported cases
- Rest time is no longer added in lap data times during data transfer.
Watch firmware v1.3.1 released in Beta, now public
This is beta release to test out two changes with small number of only affected users:
- Partially reverted montion filter change from v1.3.0 as it caused problems for small group of users.
- Increased storage limit up to 10.000 yards/meters per single workout.
Watch firmware v1.3.0 released in public
- Incorporated changes from Beta version v1.2.4 for public release.
- Watch ON all the time during the whole workout. Turned off screen saving. (This is experimental, may change, depending on feedback on battery life.)
- Off screen less sensitive to taps and motion.
- Motion filter detection from v1.2.4 improved to not cause problems for some minority of users with freezing "unresponsive" sensor.
- Improved connectivity parameters negotiated by the watch. This gives the benefits of 100% safe firmware update process, reconnections should no longer happen, faster connectivity on Android devices, more stable data transfer.
- From now on Swimmo doesn't end trainings automatically when not active for long period of time.
- Data transfer logic on the watch improved to reduce round trips with large workouts and errors in partial data transfers.
- Set idle time for summary screens same as for training (no screen saving there).
- More stable turning off of the POX light after workout.
- Incorporated additional testing methods during production.
- Incorporated new bootloader software.
Watch firmware v1.2.4 released in Beta
- Secured double taps for even better noise protection to prevent pausing by motion during swim (if you experience some issues with not responding Rotate&Tap sensor, please wait 2-3s without motion and then tap)
- More stable turning off of the POX light after workout.
- Lap counting algorithms improvements.
- Stability improvements.
Watch firmware v1.2.2 release public
- Lap count - better handling of lap fixing logic just before ending/resting + some more signals for crawl/different turns.
- Firmware update - Stronger and more stable BLE advertising during firmware update.
- Saving workouts - Fixed one possible race condition which might cause some loss of data
- Added consistency checks on memory to prevent some weird results.
Watch firmware v1.2.1 release public
- To pause your workout you need to use double tap on new software. Previously both methods worked (motion filtered tap as well as double taps). Some people reported occasional pausing/ending workout, so we needed to switch entirely to double taps to solve it reliably.
- Prevent possible race condition when events are unregistered and watch may freeze on "Start swimming" screen
- Don't show arrows on synced icon screen
- Don't show onboarding after firmware updates
- Smaller code optimizations
Watch firmware v1.2.0 release public
- Introducing separate drill/kick mode for automatic tracking - available from pause menu.
- Improved lap counting algorithm. Now below tips apply.
- For best accuracy of both laps and times, when not swimming, pause your workout.
- For drill/kick sets automatic tracking, make sure to use dedicated drill mode.
- If by any chance your lap is missed, Swimmo should correct itself at next turn, just keep swimming.
- For pools shorter than 25 meters/yard, you need to set proper distance for optimal tracking.
Watch firmware v1.1.20 release public
- BLE Syncing - finally fixed completely iOS BLE syncing issue with long workouts - use watch firmware v1.2+, mobile apps v1.4+
- Lap counting - fine tuning of algorithm according to given feedback
- Lap counting - fine tuning for cases of breast stroke/freestyle undercount
- Lap counting - fixes for relaxed swimming/slower stroke rate
- Distance goal alerts/vibrations - reverted to receive alerts on distance after finishing the lap not just before
- Workout totals - ending the workout from pause screen no longer alerts total time and pace stats
- BLE Firmware update - even more BLE stability improvements on the watch itself
- Waking up the watch - even more accelerometr stability improvements on the watch itself
- Pulse readings - more roubst readings when optics is perfect
- Secured possible place for memory instability of laps data (1 case)
Watch firmware v1.1.7 release public
- This release matches v1.0.67 in functionality but requires mobile apps in version v1.3+ because of backward-breaking changes in Bluetooth data transfer format.
Watch firmware v1.0.67 release public
- Lap counting another major revision of new/revamped algorithm for lap counting
- Lap counting optimization for cases when stroke mid-lap when swimming is irregular e.g. touching your googles/nose, extra long glide looking at the watch, etc.
- Lap counting - not pausing the watch when resting between laps should not cause overcount
- Lap counting - algorithm finetuning for not so perfect stroke e.g. breast stroke in Asian region
- Lap counting - extended analysis of turns - analyze weaker signals and discard false positives
- Lap counting - fixed variance in lap time for some users where it might floated higher/lower
- Lap counting - irregularity during lap should no longer cause overcount
- Lap counting - better handle weaker signals of turns - should fix most cases of undercount
- HR algo - first part of changes aiming to increase accuracy of HR readouts
- HR algo - readings more stable in direct very bright sunlight
- HR algo - optimization for more stable readouts
- Real time feedback - send distance based vibrations just before ending a lap (in approx. 3/4 of a lap)
- Rotate&Tap - now you can use either double tap or single motion filtered tap to wake up Swimmo screen
- Bluetooth - even more stability fixes deeper in the logic so that the watch undetectable issues should no longer happen
- Onboarding - messages updated with better wording and grammar fixes + secured first tap
- Workouts - increased max laps to 240
- GUI - secure alerts icons to not show up on start of next training when you stop the training once they are on
- Translations update, stability fixes and improvements
Watch firmware v1.0.56 and v1.0.57 release public
- you can now pause the workout easier in a new way - by using motion filtered single-tap (or using double-tap as before)
- stability fixes covering cases when watch is not waking up after software update
- stability fixes covering cases when watch is not waking up after stand-by mode in some cases
- stability fixes covering cases when watch is not waking up after power-off mode
- previous Bluetooth conectivity fixes from APP mode are now also applied in BOOT mode
- in BOOT mode now pulse diodes blink so it is easy to detect that Swimmo is still working (e.g. during software update or if update didn't finish properly and no GUI is available)
- HR reading improvements - some peaks could be omitted/filtered out before - waiting on your extensive feedback here
- HR reading improvements to reduce floating effect of HR data in short timeframe when comparing with stable bpm value counted over longer timeframe
- HR reading improvements to stabilize readings and eliminate some possible cases of drop outs
- lap counting - Swimmo is now slightly less likely to overcount your laps when resting (even more accuracy improvements in the works)
- onboarding no longers skips tap gesture introduction when taking off the charger
- onboarding messages were updated - now NOT-based comparsion is secondary
Watch firmware v1.0.54 release public
- 20 times increased screen timeout of sleep mode during workout to 10 minutes (waiting on your feedback regarding battery life after this change as well as how you like the change; next step can be to have the display always on during the workout if battery life is fine)
- Energy optimizations were introduced which will hopefully reduce impact of longer display ON time on battery life
- Increased the contrast of graphical user interface, now your watch should look more sleek :)
- Increased the brightness so that outdoor visibility is better
- Small metrics are now more visible due to increased contrast
- Several stability fixes
Watch firmware v1.0.51 release public
- Fixed syncing problems with workouts over 40 laps (human error in one condition)
Watch firmware v1.0.50 release public
- Fixed nasty bug with disappearing Bluetooth requiring the watch reset - the issue detected and fixed, should be stable from now on
- Sleep mode timeout in training time is now activated later: +50% increase in active time
- Vibrations are now more differentiated to be very distingishable between faster / slower
- Tap strength returned to normal strength for pulse screen and workout screens (for workouts double tap is still needed)
- Changed wording of "basic workout" to "tracking" for better clarity (e.g. "Distance workout" -> "Distance tracking", mobile apps will follow up soon)
- Various stability fixes
Watch firmware previous releases
Changelog for previous releases are not available publicly.