Some users report this issue as:
"When I sync new workouts, they didn't show up under my MapMyFitness account since last week."
- MapMyFitness accounts connected via Android mobile app in 2016 (issue occurs when the temporary authorization key validity ends)
- approx 1-2% of Strava accounts (issue occurs when the authorization key can not be refreshed on Strava API side)
Why is this happening:
MapMyFitness and Strava integrations have revokable authorization keys meaning the proper integrations consists of temporary and permanent keys.
These keys are used for MapMyFitness/Strava to know that you are allowing Swimmo to post workouts within your account.
This allows you to control connection from both Swimmo side as well as under your MapMyFitness/Strava accounts.
Why this issue affected you? There are two possible reasons only:
- You connected you MapMyFitness accounts in 2016 via Android mobile app, which didn't store permanent keys - it was a development bug in Android app, fixed in Dec 2016. This means you will need to disconnect and connect again for proper storage of permanent key.
- Strava sometimes is unable to issue new temporary authorization key on Strava API side. This looks like any of password change on Strava side, rejection of the connection (permanent key) on Strava account level or temporary Strava API issue, which may disappear on its own too.
What to do next:
Please follow the quick steps to restore proper connection:
- MapMyFitness - if your workouts are not being sent to the service, please check if it is connected properly and disconnect and reconnect MapMyFitness in Swimmo mobile app.
- Strava - if your workouts are not being sent to the service, please check if it is connected properly and disconnect and reconnect Strava in Swimmo mobile app.